All of our fitness programs and classes are top notch. The fitness programs range from just classes to comprehensive weekly meal plans, ongoing attendance tracking and ongoing measurements, recording food log, and committed workout routine each week, depending on your needs. Our caring, professionally trained team at Wood’s Premier Martial Arts walk their talk. We don’t preach benefits of fitness, we share and encourage our members to demand the best from themselves. We have been fortunate to have been awarded top honours by readers choice for best fitness (boot camp) and martial arts from 2013-2019 inclusive.
WOMEN’S 6 WEEK FITNESS CHALLENGE
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE TO START. THIS PROGRAM IS FOR BEGINNERS!
- Must be willing to come to our facility 3 days per week, for 6 weeks. Each class is 45 minutes.
- Must enjoy working in a group environment. The energy at a martial arts gym is infectious. When the energy is positive, there’s nothing better, but negative energy spreads too.
- Must be willing to take before and after photos to document our program’s success.
- Must be committed to making a change. This will not work if the coaches and I want to see you reach your goals more than you.
- This is an “all girls” class. Sorry fellas.
- Must leave your ego and makeup at home. This is a place where hard work is encouraged and respected.
- Must commit to the entire 6 weeks. The first week is brutal. We need people who will be here till the end to reap the benefits of all their hard work.
- This is not a “biggest loser” type of challenge. Not everyone will come in with the goal of weight loss. All transformations are welcome.
- Must have the discipline to follow our nutrition plan. This is critical. We have a program that is tested, and it works, but only if you follow it.
- We modify the workouts to your skill level. This program is not for everyone, but anyone can do it.
CARDIO KICKBOX / CROSS KICK
What is Cardio Kickbox / Cross Kick?
Both cardio kickbox and cross kick mean the same essentially at Wood’s Premier Martial Arts. We are innovators for our fitness programs, and always strive to keep our classes top notch. When you see cross kick or cardio kickbox, you will be doing cross training and tons of kicks and punches to give your body the best workout. The classes are for beginner, intermediate and yes advanced fitness levels. All classes are self paced and are geared to push you to your personal limits in a safe and fun environment.
CardioKICKBOX is the ultimate workout designed for all fitness levels. This high energy program in which you can burn up to 800 calories per class, is a non-contact aerobic workout designed to tone and strengthen your entire body. Since the class has a strength conditioning component, it will help your body produce lean muscles and burn fat faster.
CardioKICKBOX will give you the results you have always wanted. Don’t worry about being flexible or at a certain level of fitness. These will gradually increase in the workouts, the stretching and cool down. You will also benefit in learning jabs, punches and kicks in a fun environment.
This is an ultimate work-out for the beginner to the advanced fitness levels. Each class you will be throwing about 1000 kicks and 1000 punches. It will sculpt, shape and tone your body like no other work-out. In one hour, you will be warmed up, stretched, all major muscle grouped worked, the cooled down and stretched.
By attending classes two to three times per week, you will notice great results.
What can I expect from classes?
Cross kick / cardio kickbox classes are a 800 calorie burning, stress relieving, energizing, waist slimming, thigh tightening, heavy bag pounding, strength developing, fun and exciting Kick Butt Workout! Many people have lost up to 8 pounds in the first two weeks of training with kickboxing. Our instructors are experts that will guide your every punch, kick, knee, lunge and squat.
BIKINI BODY BOOT CAMP
Don’t let the name scare you off. This is our most comprehensive program for long term success. THe Bikini Body Boot Camp is designed for beginner to intermediate fitness levels. If you are looking to tone, lose weight or re shape your body, this is the program for you!
This program will teach you how to eat with easy to follow meal plans, what to eat, convenient classes offered 7 days a week, and we recommend being able to attend at least 3 per week on average.
TRX (SUSPENSION BAND TRAINING)
Demonstration Below in Video:
We are a unique facility to offer TRX classes. These classes are designed for beginner to advanced fitness levels. TRX suspension bands can accommodate various injuries or weaknesses in the joints and muscles. Seniors citizens all the way to pro athletes use the TRX bands and everyone in the spectrum will get a great safe workout.
Kickbxoing is apart of the boot camp program. In the boot camp program, the kickboxing classes will throw about 1000 kicks and about 1000 punches per class. Don’t let this intimidate you. The class is formatted so it is fun, energetic and you will not get bored. Fitness Magazines rates CrossKick as the number one fat burner, with up to 800 calories burned during a class!
CHECK OUT BELOW A H.I.T.T SEGMENT
(High Intensity Interval Training)
H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training) classes are effective as they usually do a high burst of energy followed by a short recovery. In our classes we utilize this format to work the body and muscles effectively. The benefit to this style of class is it works cardiovascular, muscular and skeletal systems primarily, also it gives you the after burn. The after burn is long after you have showered off the sweat from the class, your metabolism is still hard at work, burning calories. These classes are a component of the Bikini Boot Camp Program as well. Keep in mind all classes are self paced and we do always offer alternatives to exercises in classes.
IF YOU WANT A FIT AND FUNCTIONAL BODY, WANT TO BE IN THE BEST SHAPE, & HAVE FUN IN THE PROCESS,THEN… WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
MEN’S 6 WEEK GET FIT CHALLENGE
The best part about Cage Fitness™ is that an individual can customize their workout by adjusting their intensity level to best suit their personal fitness goals. Each 5 minute round incorporates both aerobic and anaerobic exercises that will help maximize burning fat while also gaining muscle. This system of training allows the participant to burn more calories while increasing ones metabolism.
WHO IS INVOLVED?
Cage Fitness™ is endorsed and tested by 9 time Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes. The exercises have been created from mixed martial artist, Matt Hughes and Kai Fusser M.S. Kai Fusser has trained elite level athletes such as 10 x LPGA major winner Annika Sorenstam, NBA Allstar Grant Hill, 3 time X Games gold medal winner Darin Shapiro,Formula One and Indy racing league driver Eddie Cheever and many more.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE TO START. THIS PROGRAM IS FOR BEGINNERS!
MORE INFO ABOUT THE CHALLENGE:
- It doesn’t matter where you’re starting from. This is your chance to get in the best shape of your life!
- You’ll train with us 3 times per week for 6 weeks. Each session lasts 1 hour.
- Our sessions consist of high intensity fitness training designed to burn calories, build muscle and improve stamina.
- You’ve gotta be internally motivated. This only works if you’re driven to get awesome results!
- FYI – Group training gives you accountability. It’s easy to make excuses and not work hard when you’re alone at the gym.
- We provide a nutrition plan. It really works if you’re willing to follow it.
- Aside from an awesome workout, this challenge is going to teach you how to kick some ass. I hope that’s ok with you.
- Remember, it doesn’t matter how out of shape you are. We modify the workouts to your skill level, so no reason to feel intimidated.
- If you’re gonna do it, go all the way. It’s only a 6 week commitment, and we need people who are going to be here until the end.
We have been providing fitness classes in the Ancaster, Dundas and Hamilton since 1993. Come and see why our program is the Best Work-Out around!