Halloween Safety Tips
As Halloween approaches, it is important that kids of all ages understand the importance of self-defense, stranger recognition, and what to do to avoid any type of danger the night can bring.
Kids Karate is a great place to learn self defense! As the sun goes down and the holiday is celebrated, the opportunity for undesirable situations arise. Kids often times get separated from the parent group as they run from house to house, and there is a sense of chaos as most children from the ages of 5-12 are out and about. On top of being outside, there is also the issue of it being okay for people to hide their identity in celebration of the holiday. Premier Martial Arts would like to provide you with some tips you can share with your kids before they leave the house in pursuit of their favorite candy.
Halloween is a lot of people’s favorite holiday and they love to celebrate it. It is also a great time for communities to get together and bond while dressing up as their favorite characters and getting their favorite candy. In spite of all of the great things that happen on Halloween, Premier Martial Arts wanted to provide the few tips above that could help your child remain safe during this holiday. Trick or Treat and stay safe this Halloween!
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
- Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on a specific time when they should return home.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
- Because pedestrian injuries are the most common injuries to children on Halloween, remind trick-or-treaters:
- Stay in a group and communicate where they will be going.
- Remember reflective tape for costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
- Carry a cell phone for quick communication.
- Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk.
- If no sidewalk is available, walk at the far edge of the roadway facing traffic.
- Never cut across yards or use alleys.
- Only cross the street as a group in established crosswalks (as recognized by local custom). Never cross between parked cars or out of driveways.
- Don’t assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing trick-or-treaters. Just because one car stops, doesn’t mean others will!
- Law enforcement authorities should be notified immediately of any suspicious or unlawful activity.
There are Premier Martial Arts studios nationwide. From cities in the southeast like Martinez GA., Knoxville TN., and Naples, FL. to the Northeast in Dover DE. , Marlborough, MA. ,and Raynham, MA. Our presence in the west is also very strong with Premier Martial Arts schools in cites like Lawrence KS. , Pearland TX. , West Linn OR. , and even Lihue, HI. !